Sunday 11 August 2013

Our P6 Compo. An Uncomfortable Experience


Party time!' Sarah shouted. Lily was a mutual friend of Sarah and me. It was the June holidays and I had accompanied Lily to go to Sarah's birthday party. We had just finished blowing out the candles on the cake and were enjoying ourselves dancing along to the loud rock music. 


Everyone at the party was helping themselves to the appetising food prepared by Sarah"s mother, Mrs Tan.  Shortly after, we sang a hearty and cheerful Birthday song for Sarah while clapping enthusiastically as Sarah beamed with utmost joy. All around me, people were tucking into generous slices of delicious birthday cake. As I walked across the table with the brightly coloured cake, greedy and stubborn me took a slice even though I had been specifically reminded by my mother to avoid anything that had nuts in it. I simply could not refuse it. 


A short while passed and nothing seemed to be happening. Suddenly, I began scratching like a mad monkey and rashes appeared everywhere on my body. Everyone around me that saw it looked at me with a disgusted look. 


"What happened?' 'Are you alright?' Lily asked worriedly. I stopped scratching and told her that it was most probably because I had eaten something that contained nuts. Sarah immediately shouted out to her parents that I had accidentally eaten nuts and was having an allergic reaction. When Mr and Mrs Tan heard about my rashes they immediately came running out of the kitchen to see if the rashes were bad. Luckily Mrs Tan used to be a nurse and knew exactly what to do. After attending to me, she called my parents to inform them about what had happened......


See Us at Katong Plaza  #01-03    Call/Text 9116 3393

P6