Monday 5 August 2013

Our Student's Essays Sec 3. Sec 5

Excerpts from our students' writings

'Online gambling should be banned from teenagers' What are your views 

In our modern society today, there is a multitude of games that are available to the public. These include the more traditional board games which have stood the test of time as well as numerous online games. A large variety of these online games include gambling whereby large sums of money stand to be gained or lost in a single session. I strongly agree that online gambling should be banned from teenagers .. .
Sec 3 
Wang J.Y
Kent Ridge Sec School

'Integrity'

.....My sharp eyes glanced through the spacious hall. I spotted a calculator underneath a dusty vandalised table. My heart glowed. I hastened my footsteps, took the calculator and stealthily put it in my stationery box. However, this had May's name written on it. She was my best friend.

The deafening sound of the school bell rang leading us to our doom or our glory. It was time for me to start my paper.  Fifteen minutes of my examination time had passed. I was struggling with the paper as my hands began to perspire heavily. I lifted my heavy head up to relieve myself from the unbearable struggle. I looked at May from the corner of my eyes. She was weeping despairingly. Guilt started to envelope me....

Priscilla 
Bedok View Sec School
Sec 5